Merry Christmas, Bloglings!
The day I've been waiting for has finally arrived. The Big Christmas Bash, hosted by Hidden Orchards, is finally here.
Honestly, I've felt like a time-bomb, just waiting until it was socially acceptable to begin open Christmas festivities. There are so many mini-Scrooges who think that anything that has to do with Christmas before Thanksgiving is a capital crime and call it commercialism.
I like to imagine them boiled in pudding and buried with a stake of holly through their hearts.* It helps heighten my Christmas spirit, doncha know.
And, for all those who are wondering, no, I am not Black Friday shopping. I hate shopping at the best of times; why would I want to risk my life amongst mobs of people?
Instead, I am writing this splendid blog post and welcoming you to Hidden Orchards for a delightful Christmas celebration. Since Christmas comes only once a year, I like to keep it up as long as possible.
By the way, keep your eyes open for a series of giveaways between now and Christmas. Our first giveaway will start tomorrow.
Now, to bring out the Christmas cheer, I'm going to open this party with a link-up!
Hidden Orchards' Christmas Favorites Link-Up
Feel free to answer the questions on your own blog and link back here when you're finished. Just comment with a link to your blog post. I can't wait to see what everyone does at Christmastime.
1. What's your favorite part about Christmas?
3. Everyone knows that music is best part of Christmas. What's your favorite Christmas carol?
4. What's your favorite Christmas song (i.e. non-sacred carol).
5. What's your favorite Christmas story or novel?
6. What's your favorite Christmas cookie?
7. Do you shop at Christmastime? Where's your favorite place to do Christmas shopping?
8. What's your favorite Christmas treat?
9. Do you watch Christmas movies? What's your favorite one?
10. We all know how much fun setting up the Christmas tree can be. Of course, there are always those ornaments that you made in first grade that you would rather forget but they go on the tree anyway. Do you have a favorite ornament? What's the story behind it?
Thanks so much to all those who answer these questions. And now, here's one of my favorite Christmas songs, from the Disney version of A Christmas Carol.
Thanks for reading, God bless, and Merry Christmas,
* This is based on a quote from A Christmas Carol, just so you know. If you haven't read it or watched it yet, you really should. It's one of my favorite things about Christmas. And now I feel good about myself for citing my sources.