Thursday, June 12, 2014

Handwriting, CBCs, Reading, and Music

This is the post where I talk randomness, because, to tell the truth, I don't have any real, hard-core writing to share with you.

Shame on me.

I have been writing, but it's mostly handwriting in a notebook.  The content thereof is vastly interesting to me as important backstory, but I have a feeling it would bore most people to death.  Mostly this is because I am no good with battle scenes.  I hate to admit it, but there you have it.  Describing battle scenes always sounds same-y to me.  I feel like I can't say anything new about blood and gore to save my life.  And what do you think my supplementary writing is about?  Oh, yes, it's about battles, or rather, one pretty huge battle.  My beloved brother pencil drew several large pictures of this battle, but he is way better at drawing it than I am about writing it.  It makes me sad.  I need to step up my game when it comes to battle scenes.

Thankfully I finished with the battle stuff yesterday, so I can get down to the more enjoyable portion of this writing.

Oh, and speaking of brothers, my oldest younger brother graduated from high school this past week, and guess who came out to help us celebrate!  If you read the title, then you probably already know.  It was our CBCs.  Yes, quite, as Jessa Bri would say.

We had an amazing time playing the Question Game and Bluff, not to mention eating everything in sight and singing long and loudly.

I miss them already.

And, of course, there's always reading.  Right now I am beta reading Kiri Liz's Secret of the Hazel Tree and intensely enjoying it.  I mean, who doesn't like Cinderella?  Combine Cinderella with a murder mystery, and you have a whoppingly great story.

Fairy Tale Picspam → Cinderella

Everyone needs this book when it comes out.

In fact, you need this book right now.  Since you can't have it, here is a link to some snippets.  Click me.
Do it for your own sake, if not for mine.

What else am I reading?  Well, I am well into The Old Curiosity Shop, which I posted about last week, and I'm also reading My Antonia by Willa Cather.  I'm also reading Peter Pan again, because that's just a fun book.  And I may be getting some more murder mysteries out of the library soon, because I need another Agatha Christie fix.

As for music, acting on a comment of Kiri's during our visit this past weekend, I looked up music from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, specifically "Out There."  What a nice song!  I've never seen the movie, but now I kind of want to.  I've also been listening to Wagner, but that might just be because posting about Sagouse Parenneer put me in mind of it.  I do like Wagner, though.

Thanks for reading, and God bless,

2 comments:

  1. That's my story! You're talking about *my* story!!! *faints* *looks around* *plucks myself up and dusts off self-righteously* Great. Now I feel like your brother's interpretation of Gandalf. Maybe I need another game of Bingo...

    Peter Pan. Awesome. 'Nuff said.

    *scratches head* When I did talk about HoND? I know I said something about reading the book, but did I also recommend the soundtrack? Well, if I did, I'm glad. It's phenomenal! "Out There" is my absolute favorite, but I also love "The Bells of Notre Dame" (with the Reprise, of course). But don't listen to the end credits song. *shakes head* No. That's just... ugh. But the movie is sooooo much different than the book! Have you ever read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battle scenes are terrible. I just gloss over and hit the highlights if I have to deal with one.

    SotHT is amazing. I stayed up far past my bedtime the other night reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love comments! Thrive on them, actually! Please just remember to keep them clean. I don't care if you make them long. The longer, the better, in fact! I really appreciate it when you take the time to tell me what you think.