Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Interview with Penelope and James

I talked to Penelope and James when I talked to Sir John and Lady Tittleton, but I never actually posted it, bacause I wanted to get Mr. Jarbour out there first.  He was highly amusing to me.  Anyway, here is my interview with the children.

The Interview
Me: Are you excited about being in a book, or are you annoyed because that book is about something nasty?
James: I didn't know I was going to be in a book.
Penelope: Yes, you half-wit.  Don't you remember Mother getting that letter from Judith?
James: Uh, no.
Penelope: Well, I don't really mind being in a book.  I just wish that the book was going to be a little bit nicer.

Me: Who did you think committed the murder?
James: Definitely Mr. Squeed.
Penelope: Well, you can say Mr. Squeed if you want to James, but I told you right at the beginning that I thought Miss Hatchet had done it.
Me: And you were wrong, weren't you, Penelope?
Penelope: What if I was wrong?  James never listens to anything I say!
Me: I see... Moving on.

Me:  Do you think that the murder was committed with the help of someone else?
James: How many people does it take to stab someone in the back?
Penelope: Don't be ridiculous James.  Miss Barrett meant do you think that someone helped cover up the murder when it was all finished.
James: Well, alright, then.  I don't think so.  Why would anyone do that?
Penelope: Because, silly, maybe he couldn't do it all by himself.  Anyhow, I think that the murderer did have a helper.  I guess that if Miss Hatchet was the murderer then her helper was Aston.
Me: Truly your intellect is stunning.  Where did you come up with those people?
Penelope: Oh, they just seemed like the most likely murderers in the house.

Me: What do you think of the servants in your house?
Penelope: I like them, I suppose.
James: I suppose so, too.
Me: That was a rather vague answer, children.  What do you mean by that?
Penelope: Um, I guess that the servants are very nice.  I don't really think about things like that.  Judith says that it is not genteel.
Me: Where does Judith get her ideas from?
James: Her mind, I hope.

Me: Did you find it exciting or annoying to have a murder committed in your house?
James: I was excited.  It was a lot more fun than anything that has happened in a long time.
Penelope: Yes, it was, but it was still sad.  I liked Miss Hatchet and Mrs. Purdle, and now we won't see them any more, and Judith and Hugh are gone, and Miss Warbling is in Scotland, and I don't suppose anything will ever be as nice as it was before again.

Me: Do you think that you will read Miss Warbling's story when it is finished?
James: Yes!  I want to read a really exciting story with me in it!
Penelope: I suppose that I will read it, although it must be a very sad book.
James: Sad!  It's probably very jolly!  After all, it isn't every day that you get to be in a book.
Me: Aren't you at all sad at what happened?
James: I guess, but I wish I didn't have to be sad when I'm not.
Me: Well, thanks for your cooperation, children.  I hope that I'll be able to see you soon.
Penelope: Goodbye, Miss Barrett.
James: Goodbye.

Thanks for reading, and God bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love comments! Thrive on them, actually! Please just remember to keep them clean. I don't care if you make them long. The longer, the better, in fact! I really appreciate it when you take the time to tell me what you think.