Monday, June 4, 2012

Book Review

Now, if you know me at all, you know that I love to read.  And I am currently reading To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston, which is an excellent book in my opinion.  Some of my very dear friends dislike romance books, and if you are like that, I would say, "Read it anyway!"

The story is set in Jamestown, Virginia, in the year 1621, and tells the story of Captain Ralph Percy, who marries a young lady, only to discover that she was promised to a vain and pompous nobleman who comes to the colony to take her back.  Set among the adventurous backdrop of American Indian battles and superstitious pirates, this is a delightful story with enough excitement to satisfy even the most avid haters of romance novels.
I would also like to say that there is nothing indecent or unclean on this book, and it is a good read for any young lady who wants something more than the tasteless fluff of modern romances.  Actually, Count Bob likes this book as well, so it is not only a girl book!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love comments! Thrive on them, actually! Please just remember to keep them clean. I don't care if you make them long. The longer, the better, in fact! I really appreciate it when you take the time to tell me what you think.