Monday, July 9, 2012

Christmas Characters and Chocolate Cookies

So, I know that I have not posted in a while, but I am still here, have no fear.  Please don't tell me that you were glad for my silence.


I have been writing out, in novel form, my completed play, Christmas at the Tittletons, which my family performed with Kiri Liz, Beth Grace, and Jessa Bri's family last New Year's.  It was a lot of fun, and everyone was stumped by the solution, as it was a murder mystery.
The novel is slightly more difficult to write out, because it is rather hard to write as a young Victorian lady would write.  I am writing it from the perspective of Miss Jessamine Warbling, a guest in the luxurious                  Tittleton home.   Miss Warbling is a very nice person, but she writes with a LOT of Capital Letters in order to emphasize her thoughts, and I sometimes find it hard to remember that.


I have also been making chocolate no-bake cookies, and I love this recipe so much that I have decided to post it here for all of you lovely ladies.  Please make it, and then tell me what you think.

Chocolate No-Bakes

1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick oats

1. In a medium saucepan, combine first four ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat while continually stirring.  Turn heat to low and stir for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.

2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until evenly distributed.  Add oats and stir.

3. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool.  Enjoy!

This recipe is so easy and I just love it!   I often have to make a double or triple batch in order to meet the 'needs' of my family.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Christmas at the Tittletons! That was so much fun to act out!! Can't wait to read it in novel form!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun performing this! I am very excited to read the novel!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love comments! Thrive on them, actually! Please just remember to keep them clean. I don't care if you make them long. The longer, the better, in fact! I really appreciate it when you take the time to tell me what you think.