Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

I don't expect a lot of people to be blogging today, in fact, it would be kind of strange if this was so, but I still want to honor the day with some pictures and quotes.
By the way, the United States has been a country for 236 years as of today.
"I cannot conceive a rank more honorable, than that which flows from the uncorrupted choice of a brave and free people, the purest source and original fountain of all power."                                    George Washington

                                              

"May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this, our own country."    Daniel Webster

                                             

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.  It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."                                                                                                                            John Adams

                                                  
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."                              Daniel Boone
(Don't you tell me that's not patriotic!)

                                                   

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."         John Adams

                                                          

"Yonder are the Hessians.  They were bought for seven pounds and tenpence a man.  Are you worth more? Prove it.  Tonight the American flag floats from yonder hill or Molly Stark sleeps a widow!"    
 John Stark at the Battle of Bennington, 1777

                                                

"Gentlemen, you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for I have not only grown gray, but almost blind, in the service of my country."                                                                                           George Washington

                     

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records.  They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the Divinity itself, and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power."                                                   Alexander Hamilton

                                              

My patriotism is welling up to overflowing now.  I had better stop putting these pictures up, or I am going to start crying.  I'll never be able to appreciate the sacrifices of the hundreds of patriots throughout the 236 years of freedom that has been America, but because of them I can enjoy more freedom than anyone else in the history of the world.  
I LOVE MY COUNTRY!   
Thanks for reading, and Happy Independence Day!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this!! Hope you have a blessed Fourth, my dear friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love comments! Thrive on them, actually! Please just remember to keep them clean. I don't care if you make them long. The longer, the better, in fact! I really appreciate it when you take the time to tell me what you think.